Date:	Wed, 06 Jan 2010 02:05:38 +0100
From:	Bartłomiej Zimoń <uzi18@...pl>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	rjw@...k.pl, aeriksson@...tmail.fm, stefan.seyfried@...glemail.com,
	linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org, danborkmann@...glemail.com,
	awalls@...ix.net
Subject: Re: [linux-pm] [suspend/resume] Re: userspace notification	 from module

Dnia 6 stycznia 2010 0:05 	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl> napisał(a):
> Well, I think you have some specific issue with pm-utils, but you're not
> telling us what it is.  So, why exactly is pm-utils not suitable for your
> needs?

Rafael to be honest it's more dbus specific. I'm talking about
dbus as it is standard for system<->apps communication.

But please understand if we'll create kernel device with simple pm notification
It could be hooked by udev and next ... by DeviceKit-power/upower and after that
we have real standard. But to have this we must export "power" device - something
like my proof-of-concept module. This could be realy good start.

Best regards.
Bartłomiej Zimoń
PLD Linux, Kadu Team, FreeRunner user
http://kadu-im.blogspot.com/