Date:	Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:00:58 +0100
From:	Stanislav Brabec <utx@...guin.cz>
To:	Eric Miao <eric.y.miao@...il.com>
Cc:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>, Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>,
	Bart?omiej Zimo? <uzi18@...pl>, Andy Walls <awalls@...ix.net>,
	Daniel Borkmann <danborkmann@...glemail.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, rpurdie@...ys.net, lenz@...wisc.edu,
	Dirk@...er-online.de, arminlitzel@....de,
	Cyril Hrubis <metan@....cz>, thommycheck@...il.com,
	linux-arm-kernel <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
	dbaryshkov@...il.com, omegamoon@...il.com,
	zaurus-devel@...ts.linuxtogo.org
Subject: Re: [suspend/resume] Re: userspace notification from module

Eric Miao wrote:

> And the other way we may need to look into what API the current userland
> apps on zaurus is depending on this 2.4 compatibility and make changes
> slowly to those apps.

I guess that 2.4 compatibility is not an issue. Most modern Zaurus
distributions are even unable to run Sharp ROM compatible binaries.

Distributions either stay on 2.4 kernel or use modern systems based on
modern kernel 2.6 API.

Distributions that decided to migrate to kernel 2.6 are far from
finished state. Any change that allows to use modern applications using
standard kernel API is welcome.