Date:	Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:05:26 -0800 (PST)
From:	Christian Kujau <lists@...dbynature.de>
To:	Jean Delvare <khali@...ux-fr.org>
cc:	Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@...nel.crashing.org>,
	linuxppc-dev@...abs.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Stelian Pop <stelian@...ies.net>,
	Michael Hanselmann <linux-kernel@...smi.ch>
Subject: Re: i2c_powermac: Kernel access of bad area

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 at 22:03, Christian Kujau wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 at 09:18, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Christian, did you ever test this second patch of mine? If you did,
> > what was the outcome?

OK, I've now applied both the drivers/hwmon/ams/ patches and your earlier
one for drivers/macintosh/therm_adt746x.c [0] to a current -git checkout
and now I can unload i2c_powermac, list and read the remaining files in
/sys/devices/temperatures, load i2c_powermac again, and unload, and
load, and ... - it's wonderful! :-) No oopses so far.

Feel free to add a Tested-by: Christian Kujau <lists@...dbynature.de>
so that the patches can be pushed into mainline.

Thanks for the fixes, Jean!

Christian.

[0] http://nerdbynature.de/bits/2.6.33-rc2/i2c_powermac/r2/
--
BOFH excuse #337:

the butane lighter causes the pincushioning