Date:	Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:20:14 +0100
From:	Bart Hartgers <bart.hartgers@...il.com>
To:	Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@...ox.com>
CC:	Tejun Heo <htejun@...il.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-ide@...r.kernel.org, juergen.metzdorf@...elev-dsl.de,
	markpschool@...mail.com, sporadic.crash@...il.com, apopov@...ma.bg,
	david@...mber.co.za, jay4mail@...il.com
Subject: Re: [patch 2/2] sata_via: Delay on vt6420 when starting ATAPI DMA
 write

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On 01/20/2010 01:55 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 01/20/2010 03:44 PM, Bart Hartgers wrote:
>>> Yes, you're right. I'll drop the printk_once and send another patch
>>> for inclusion. However, for testing I found it very useful to make
>>> sure that I got the right module loaded. So I figured it could be
>>> helpful for the interpretation of success/failure reports.
>>
>> Oh yeah, for testing, having it there is a good idea.
>>
>>> Assuming that this patch works for other people as well, what is
>>> prefered: resending both patches or just to make a new #2/2 (the
>>> vt6420 one)?
>>
>> I think just re-doing the second patch should be enough.
>
> Agreed...  ping, Bart?

Hi Jeff,

I was waiting for some feedback on whether this patch actually solves
the problem for others as well. Unfortunately, I didn't get any response
so far, that's why I didn't resend the patch yet. But I guess it doesn't
make sense to wait any longer, so I'll redo the patch and send it in a
separate mail in a few minutes.

(I also tried searching for people suffering from this bug in the past 3
months, and couldn't find any. I _did_ see some recent posts on various
bug-lists by Tejun asking to test my patch, but again no response.)

Groeten,
Bart