Date:	Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:46:51 +0530
From:	"Leonidas ." <leonidas137@...il.com>
To:	KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@...fujitsu.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Notification when a task is created/exits

Hi Kame,

>  1. use NETLINK and catch task create/exit in userland.
>    But this means "catch" is asyncronous.

This does not sounds like a possible solution to me in my setup. Using netlink
and having an user space component to do this job might be an over kill in what
I am doing.

>  2. implement cgroup subsystem
>    AFAIK, in the latest kernel, cgroup subsystem can be implemented as module.
>    cgroup has fork/exit handler.
>    And you can implement some useful controls for tasks you watch via
>    cgroup's control interface.

This sounds close to what I have in mind, but unfortunately I dont
have any idea what is cgroup
subsystem. How to implement cgroup subsystem? Can you give pointers to
some existing code
or document? Also, using this mechanism can we monitor each thread created in
user space? I.e. it is only a fork handler or even a
pthread_create/clone can be tracked this way.

> Thanks,
> -Kame
>

>> -Leo.
>> --