Date:	Thu, 4 Mar 2010 13:23:40 -0500
From:	s ponnusa <foosaa@...il.com>
To:	Mike Hayward <hayward@...p.net>
Cc:	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-ide@...r.kernel.org, jens.axboe@...cle.com,
	linux-mm@...ck.org
Subject: Re: Linux kernel - Libata bad block error handling to user mode
	program

I have used O_DIRECT with aligned buffers of 4k size (the default
linux page size). I have even tried fadvise calls according to Linus's
suggestion of not using the O_DIRECT method. None of the above method
causes the write call to fail and media errors to be propagated to my
program. It is handled at the driver / kernel level (either by
retrying / remapping the sector).

Please advise.

Thanks.