Date:	Wed, 21 Apr 2010 23:12:42 -0700
From:	Greg KH <gregkh@...e.de>
To:	Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>
Cc:	devel@...verdev.osuosl.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: What's the staging review and acceptance process?

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:55:18PM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 22:49 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > > Which likely discouraged the new contributors who
> > > submitted stuff still in that backlog.
> > do you have any evidence of this causing people to go away?
>
> I think it's pretty established that response delays
> cause losses of one type or another.

Established where?
What type of losses?

> > > Unfortunately, your process has been opaque until you
> > > personally handle it.
> > Yes, like all subsystem maintainers, right?
>
> Not really, patchwork shows status immediately.

Immediately when someone does something with it, right?  So, the same as
my development cycle?

> > Are you volunteering?
>
> Guess so.

For now, let me get through this patch queue.  If you could review
anything new coming in, that would be greatly appreciated, especially to
weed out the problem patches.  After everything is caught up, we can
revisit it, ok?

thanks,

greg k-h