Date:	Fri, 7 May 2010 21:18:44 -0400
From:	Bob Copeland <me@...copeland.com>
To:	Nils Radtke <lkml@...nk-future.de>
Cc:	linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ath5k deadlock w/ blob transfer

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Nils Radtke <lkml@...nk-future.de> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  Guess, this is better suited in here:
>>   - ath5k: when starting a blob transfer eg. ssh summer.jpg to the
>>     notebook with the ath5k driver running, the wNIC freezes almost
>>     immediately! Dead device. This is unfortunately too easily reproducible.

> So where should I be posting this?

You're in the right place...

> When both drivers deadlock it's either a common
> base in the wireless driver premisses or yet up the path somewhere in the
> kernel code.

(Or hardware.  madwifi doesn't use mac80211 so it is probably not
common code, but ath5k could have inherited a bug from it.)

> Ideas?

I missed the first email.  What type of machine?  System lockup
or the connection drops?  Do you get any output on the console or
in dmesg? (try switching to a text console before your scp test.)
If not, any output after lockup booting with nmi_watchdog=1?

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com