Date:	Sun, 09 May 2010 15:13:58 +0100
From:	"Phil Reynolds" <phil-linux@...sleyviaduct.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Marvell eSATA - 88SE6121 on Asus M3A79-T Deluxe - not in AHCI

I have recently had cause to start using the eSATA port on my
motherboard, an Asus M3A79-T Deluxe, but have found that it is not in
AHCI mode and therefore not hotplug capable. There are no settings for
the Marvell 88SE6121 controller available, other than simply whether
it is enabled or not.

I gather from reading elsewhere that the kernel can put this
controller into AHCI - I found a patch but found it was already
present in the kernel in Debian lenny's backports. It is their version
2.6.32-bpo.3 - not entirely sure which exact source version this is
built from. However, this patch does not work on this motherboard -
either that or I have to make it active somehow, and the method of
doing so is not obvious.

Of course, I could be missing something simple - if so, please accept
my apologies and point me in the right direction.

However, if further information or testing is required, I am more than
happy to assist in any way I can.

I am not on the linux-kernel mailing list at present, so please CC any
replies to the address I sent this from.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
Phil Reynolds
email: phil-linux@...sleyviaduct.com