Date:	Fri, 14 May 2010 18:26:33 -0700
From:	"Justin P. Mattock" <justinmattock@...il.com>
To:	"Luis R. Rodriguez" <lrodriguez@...eros.com>
Cc:	Luis Rodriguez <Luis.Rodriguez@...eros.com>,
	Bruno Randolf <br1@...fach.org>,
	"linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org" <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
	Miles Lane <miles.lane@...il.com>
Subject: Re: ath9k: BUG kmalloc-8192: Poison overwritten

Justin P. Mattock

On May 14, 2010, at 5:52 PM, "Luis R. Rodriguez"
<lrodriguez@...eros.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 03:32:48PM -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>> ATH9K: cachelsz 256 rxbufsize 3904
>
> OK I see nothing odd with these values, and I do not see how
> these values can make ath_rxbuf_alloc() barf. I'd like to
> reproduce this myself at least once, I left iperf running over
> night with no rants from SLAB. I should note this should be
> reproducible with RX only if it is ath_rxbuf_alloc() to blame
> but without a concrete reproducible instructions it is hard
> to guess what to do and if this can only come up during RX.
>
> Can you describe a little more when you have seen this? What
> were you doing exactly, for how long? When was the last time
> you saw this, what were you doing then?
>
>  Luis

This is hard to reproduce(reason for looking a kmemchek).

As for what I remember, walked into the las Vegas convention cntr
(Hilton),
Found the Internet hub, scanned for networks, wicd said it was
connected, opened firefox to see the prices, ended up seeing a blank
page(at this point didn't look at dmesg(could have already happened)),
then switched to another network(did this a few times),
Eventually opened firefox(saw the prices, said fuc*k this), then
started to read up on i8042.c(cause Linus was pull requesting and I
wanted to find out what was going on in that area), then
Checked dmesg, and voilĂ  there the bug is.

After this rebooted, was hoping this was reproducable for a bisect,
but realized it's not the reproducable..

Justin P. Mattock--