Date:	Tue, 25 May 2010 17:22:18 +1000
From:	Neil Brown <neilb@...e.de>
To:	"zhanglx" <zhanglx@...ico.com.cn>
Cc:	"Nick W" <n60storm4@...il.com>, <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: The Future of the Linux Kernel

On Tue, 25 May 2010 15:09:17 +0800
"zhanglx" <zhanglx@...ico.com.cn> wrote:

> Good answer, the future is determined by now.
> But the kernel is very complex. It's too difficult for beginners. :(

We were all beginners once!
Yes, the kernel is much more complex than it once was, so understanding a
whole subsystem is a more daunting task than it once was.  But there is still
room to start.  www.kernelnewbies.org/  is supposed to be a good place to
start.

We all learn to read before we can write.  I recommend the same with the
kernel.  Read lots of code, improve the documentation as you go, submit
little patches for little bugs that you find, get interested, build courage,
see where you end up.

NeilBrown