Date:	Mon, 31 May 2010 23:22:33 -0400
From:	Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>
To:	Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...otime.net>
CC:	Giangiacomo Mariotti <gg.mariotti@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Possible bug in 2.6.34 slub

Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 01:39:43 +0200 Giangiacomo Mariotti wrote:
>
>> Hi, I've recently noticed this line on the dmesg output(kernel 2.6.34):
>> [    0.000000] SLUB: Genslabs=14, HWalign=64, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0,
>> CPUs=16, Nodes=1
>>
>> My cpu is an I7 920, so it has 4 cores and there's hyperthreading
>> enabled, so there are 8 logical cpus. Is this a bug?
>

> No, it's just some boot/init time information.

I would consider it a bug to claim CPUs=xx when xx is something other than the
number of cores or the number of SMT threads supported by the processor. Of
course if /proc/cpuinfo shows four siblings per core or something exciting, then
it's right and you have a CPU you can sell to gizmodo and tell them a drunk left
on the bar.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>