Date:	Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:27:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Daniel Walker <dwalker@...eaurora.org>
cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-arm-msm@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] ARM MSM updates for 2.6.35-rc1

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Daniel Walker wrote:

> Don't forget about this one! Or was something wrong with it?

I got a bit frustrated with ten different ARM pulls per day at one point.

There's something wrong with ARM development. The amount of pure noise in
the patches is incredibly annoying. Right now, ARM is already (despite me
not reacting to some of the flood) 55% of all arch/ changes since 2.6.34,
and it's all pointless churn in

	arch/arm/configs/
	arch/arm/mach-xyz
	arch/arm/plat-blah

and at a certain point in the merge window I simply could not find it in
me to care about it any more.

Do you guys at all talk about this problem? Have any of the ARM people
bothered to look at the arch/arm diffs and see how mind-deadening they
are? I try to look through these kinds of things when I pull, but after a
million lines of pure noise, it gets old pretty quickly.

Somehow, I can't believe that you need thousands of lines for each random
arch/arm/mach-xyz (yeah, some very few of them are smaller).

For a taste of the mind-deadening experience, just do

	for i in arch/arm/mach-*
	do
		echo $i; wc -l $(git ls-files $i)
	done | less -S

and imagine being on the receiving side of that.

			Linus