Date:	Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:16:15 +0900
From:	FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@....ntt.co.jp>
To:	akpm@...ux-foundation.org
Cc:	fujita.tomonori@....ntt.co.jp, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linville@...driver.com, mb@...sch.de
Subject: Re: mmotm 2010-06-03-16-36 uploaded

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 18:34:10 -0700
Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 10:14:27 +0900 FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@....ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:36:51 -0700
> > akpm@...ux-foundation.org wrote:
> >
> > > The mm-of-the-moment snapshot 2010-06-03-16-36 has been uploaded to
> > >
> > >    http://userweb.kernel.org/~akpm/mmotm/
> > >
> > > and will soon be available at
> > >
> > >    git://zen-kernel.org/kernel/mmotm.git
> > >
> > > It contains the following patches against 2.6.35-rc1:
> >
> > (snip)
> >
> > > ssb-add-dma_dev-to-ssb_device-structure.patch
> > > b43legacy-replace-the-ssb_dma-api-with-the-generic-dma-api.patch
> > > b43-replace-the-ssb_dma-api-with-the-generic-dma-api.patch
> > > b44-replace-the-ssb_dma-api-with-the-generic-dma-api.patch
> > > ssb-remove-the-ssb-dma-api.patch
> >
> > Is there any reason why the above patches are still in -mm (i.e. not
> > merged in the previous merge window)?
>
> Two lines earlier:
>
> # propagate these:
>
> is akpm shorthand for "send these through maintainers".
>
> I prefer to go that way if the patch isn't urgent, just to get a bit
> more attention and review.  If the patch has a maintainer ack already
> then I'll often merge it directly.
>
> > I got an ACK on the first patch to ssb core from the ssb maintainer,
> > ACKs on the second and third to b43legacy and b43 from the maintainer.
> >
> > http://marc.info/?t=126621151900002&r=1&w=2
>
> And none of the above patches were sent to me with acked-by:s, and
> nobody sent new acked-by:s, so I didn't know this!

Oh, sorry.

> I guess John is the conduit for all five of the above so I'll send them
> to him now and he might decide to squeak them into 2.6.35.

Thanks. They aren't urgent. 2.6.26 is fine.

> But before I do that, please send me an email telling me who acked each
> patch and I'll update that info.

The first version included the first, second, third, and forth
patches' changes:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=126621140418564&w=2

Michael Buesch <mb@...sch.de> acked:

David S. Miller <davem@...emloft.net> also acked:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=126621509421648&w=2

Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@...inger.net> acked the changes to
b43legacy and b43 (the second and third patches now):

Thanks,