Date:	Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:13:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>
To:	Linux Power Management List <linux-pm@...ts.osdl.org>,
	linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org,
Subject: Boston Linux Power Management Mini-summit - August 9th, 2010

The Linux Foundation is graciously providing facilities for our
2010 Linux Power Management Mini-Summit at LinuxCon Boston.

This is an opportunity for members of the Linux Power Management
development community to meet face-to-face to discuss the future.

We will meet on Monday, August 9th at LinuxCon Boston.
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
I'd like to get started by 9am, if we can.

This forum is open to any registered attendee at LinuxCon.
However, we will be limited to about 20 or so seats.

I'd like to get an idea of how many people will attend,
as well as to get a list of topics on the table.
The attendees will form the final agenda at the start
of the session.

So please let me know if you'd like to attend,
and cc: linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org
with the  topics that you'd like to discuss
(or have somebody else discuss:-)

While this is a discussion-centered forum,
presentations are permitted to help guide discussion.

There will be no recording or audio bridge,
however written minutes will be published as in previous years:

2009: http://lwn.net/Articles/345007/
2008: http://lwn.net/Articles/292447
2007: http://lwn.net/Articles/249019

(If you have feedback on last year's meeting that
 we can use to improve this year's, please let me know.)

thanks,
Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center

ps. A few have confirmed their attendance
and suggested agenda topics already:

Alan Stern
	Runtime Power Management in the USB and SCSI Subsystems

Rafael J. Wysocki
	Review what has transpired on linux-pm since last mini-summit
	PM_QOS
	wakeup events

Srinivas Kalaga:
	ARM CPU power management and Linux power
	management frameworks for ARM based platforms in general.

Len Brown
	cpuidle developments
	kernel-userspace PM interfaces, etg performance policy proposal

Matthew Garrett
	The new runtime PM framework