Date:	Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:12:40 +0800
From:	Shihping <c64683@...il.com>
To:	linux kernel mail <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: [KERNEL-2.6.34] load dmatest got "__dma_request_channel (fail)" dmesg

Hi,

I try to load dmatest module in linux-2.6.34 on Ubuntu x86_64 Server system
but when I loaded dmatest module, I got "__dma_request_channel:fall
((null))"  message.
It seems unable to allocate DMA channel.

But I found /proc/dma was registed to cascade mode like
# cat /proc/dma
 4:cascade

So I thought DMA channel should be registed by DMA controller in ICH
successfully. right?

My plaform use Intel E5100(San Clemente) and ICH9R chipset,there were
2 DMA controller was embedded in ICH9R chip.
Is dmatest module not work with ICH9R ? or some other reason cause this?

Sorry about my poor English, and thanks for your answers and responses

Shihping Chen