Date:	Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:09:45 +0200
From:	Eric Valette <eric.valette@...e.fr>
To:	Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com>
CC:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: vga switcheroo not working on amilo Xi 3650

Hi david,

As I saw some changes in the .35, I tried again on amilo xi 3650. As you
will see its a Intel/Nvidia hybrid graphic laptop.

When I use the delayed switch option, and restart X via the kdm restart
X server option, I see the message of the switch and then it hangs rock
solid. I'm forced to push on the power button for 5 s.

vga_switcheroo: client 0 refused switch <== exiting the kdm session
vga_switcheroo: setting delayed switch to client 1
vga_switcheroo: processing delayed switch to 1 <== restarting X server

If I use the bios, to force the cards, both settings works correctly,
hybrid mode also works correctly as long as I use the Intel card but I
cannot activate dynamically the nvidia one via vga switcheroo.

Problem is that to have the hdmi output on this laptop I'm forced to use
the nvidia driver and my kid like to see their film on TV...

uname -a
Linux pink-floyd2 2.6.35-rc4-git5 #142 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 12 22:54:13
CEST 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

lscpi and dmesg attached. Is there anything I can try to make it work or
debug? Actually the drivers are in kernel.

--eric

View attachment "dmesg" of type "text/plain" (57359 bytes)

View attachment "lspci" of type "text/plain" (1840 bytes)