Date:	Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:35:06 +0900
From:	KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@...fujitsu.com>
To:	Daisuke Nishimura <nishimura@....nes.nec.co.jp>
Cc:	Mark Hills <mark@...o.org.uk>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: cgroup: rmdir() does not complete

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:56:39 +0900
Daisuke Nishimura <nishimura@....nes.nec.co.jp> wrote:

> > Or is it likely to be some other cause, and how best to find it?
> >
> What cgroup subsystem did you mount where the directory existed you tried
> to rmdir() first ?
> If you mounted several subsystems on the same hierarchy, can you mount them
> separately to narrow down the cause ?

It seems I can reproduce the issue on mmotm-0811, too.

try this.

Here, memory cgroup is mounted at /cgroups.
==
#!/bin/bash -x

while sleep 1; do
        date
        mkdir /cgroups/test
        echo 0 > /cgroups/test/tasks
        echo 300M > /cgroups/test/memory.limit_in_bytes
        cat /proc/self/cgroup
        dd if=/dev/zero of=./tmpfile bs=4096 count=100000
        echo 0 > /cgroups/tasks
        cat /proc/self/cgroup
        rmdir /cgroups/test
        rm ./tmpfile
done
==

hangs at rmdir. I'm no investigating force_empty.

Thanks,
-Kame