Date:	Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:17:59 +0200
From:	Nico Schottelius <nico-linux-20100709@...ottelius.org>
To:	Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@...tuousgeek.org>
Cc:	Nico Schottelius <nico-linux-20100709@...ottelius.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: 2.6.36-rc3 suspend issue (was: 2.6.35-rc4 / X201 issues)

Good morning LKML,

after some time away from the kernel sources, here my latest report
using Linux on the X201:

  vmlinuz-2.6.36-rc1-00051-g3b89f56
  vmlinuz-2.6.36-rc2-00237-gd4348c6
  vmlinuz-2.6.36-rc3

all come up with a black screen at resume.

I "lost" my last working 2.6.34 kernel, which mostly worked.
On the other hand,

  vmlinuz-2.6.35
  vmlinuz-2.6.35-rc2
  vmlinuz-2.6.35-rc3-00262-g984bc96

do suspend and resume some times, afterwards I see a very slow
refreshing screen, with almost no colours, partly windows
no refresh. Error from xorg at that point (log attached):

[304145.409] (EE) intel(0): Failed to submit batch buffer, expect rendering corruption or
even a frozen display: Input/output error.

Also with 2.6.35* I saw freezes during suspend or during resume.

As I had an xorg update somewhere in between, I'm not sure whether there
are some bits conflicting from both sidse.

I'll go back to 2.6.34 today to see whether I get that one working "stable"

If you need more information, just let me know.

Cheers,

Nico

Jesse Barnes [Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 10:29:35AM -0700]:

--
PGP key: 7ED9 F7D3 6B10 81D7 0EC5  5C09 D7DC C8E4 3187 7DF0