Date:	Sat, 06 Nov 2010 00:39:36 +0000
From:	Tony Vroon <tony@...x.net>
To:	Theodore Tso <tytso@....EDU>
Cc:	Nick Bowler <nbowler@...iptictech.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: BUG in ext4 with 2.6.37-rc1

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 20:33 -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
> What did you have running which triggered this, and can you try the patch that I sent in this patch, and see if you get the same other BUG_ON?

Updating /cvs/gentoo-x86 seemed to trigger it; it is a rather large
collection of small files. Basic contents visible here:
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/

Unlike Nick however, I do not have a specific "this does it 100% of the
time" command. At least, I updated CVS again after it died roughly 90%
in; after deleting the directories CVS was unhappy with the sync
completed.
Syncing CVS too often would be a bit unfair on the server at the other
end, so I will try this again tomorrow.

> And if you have the stack trace easily to hand, it would be useful to make sure that part is the same as well.

I will sift through my quick snaps now to see if it is legible enough to
type it out for you. More news in half an hour or so.

> Many thanks,
> -- Ted

Regards,
--
Tony Vroon
UNIX systems administrator

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)