Date:	Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:22:05 +0800
From:	Shaohui Zheng <shaohui.zheng@...el.com>
To:	David Rientjes <rientjes@...gle.com>
Cc:	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, linux-mm@...ck.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, haicheng.li@...ux.intel.com,
	lethal@...ux-sh.org, ak@...ux.intel.com,
	shaohui.zheng@...ux.intel.com, dave@...ux.vnet.ibm.com,
	gregkh@...e.de, Haicheng Li <haicheng.li@...el.com>
Subject: Re: [2/8, v5] NUMA Hotplug Emulator: Add node hotplug emulation

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 04:01:18PM -0800, David Rientjes wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, shaohui.zheng@...el.com wrote:
>
> > From: David Rientjes <rientjes@...gle.com>
> >
> > Add an interface to allow new nodes to be added when performing memory
> > hot-add.  This provides a convenient interface to test memory hotplug
> > notifier callbacks and surrounding hotplug code when new nodes are
> > onlined without actually having a machine with such hotpluggable SRAT
> > entries.
> >
> > This adds a new debugfs interface at /sys/kernel/debug/hotplug/add_node
> > that behaves in a similar way to the memory hot-add "probe" interface.
> > Its format is size@...rt, where "size" is the size of the new node to be
> > added and "start" is the physical address of the new memory.
> >

> Looks like you've changed some of the references in my changlog to
> node/add_node, but not others, such as the above.  I'd actually much
> rather prefer to take Greg's latest suggestion of doing
> s/hotplug/mem_hotplug instead.
>
> Would it be possible to repost the patch with that change?
>
> Thanks!

We have two memory hotplug interfaces here:
add_node: add a new NUMA node
probe: add memory section

so puting add_node to node/add_node and puting probe to memory/probe should make sense.
it is similar with sysfs hierarchy.

if we want to move the add_node to mem_hotplug/add_node, I'd prefer to put the probe
interface to mem_hotplug/probe since they are also related to memory hotplug.

I will include this change in next patchset.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Shaohui