Date:	Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:47:17 -0500 (EST)
From:	Alan Stern <stern@...land.harvard.edu>
To:	Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@...inger.net>
cc:	pali.rohar@...il.com, Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...e.de>,
	USB list <linux-usb@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [RFC/RFT] OHCI: Fix for regression in 2.6.37-rc1 since commit
 3df7169e7

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010, Larry Finger wrote:

> > I don't see anything wrong with any of this.  Where's the problem?
>
> The problem is that I get thousands of the "unable to enumerate" messages in the
> logs. That PORT_OWNER does not seem to apply to this port. Everything seems to
> work, but the log spamming is intolerable.

Everything seems to work for the EHCI controller, the one you were
looking at.  But the OHCI controller isn't working, so that's where you
need to concentrate your attention.  ISTR before your computer broke
you were trying to figure out why certain parts of the ohci-hcd
initialization code weren't getting called.

> I find the USB structure on this box to be confusing. The output of lsusb is
>
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04f2:b016 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd VGA 30fps UVC Webcam
> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 07d1:3300 D-Link System
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>
> There are 3 external USB ports, which are ports 3, 4, and 5 on the Bus 001 hub.

There's probably at least one internal port, where that Chicony webcam
is connected.  Unless it's using an external port?

> That is the one with iSerial of 1 0000:00:02.1. The other hubs do not seem to be
> connected to anything.

Bus 2 probably is not connected to anything.  My guess is that bus 3 is
also connected to the three external ports and bus 4 is not wired up.

Alan Stern