Date:	Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:35:29 +0800
From:	"Guan Xuetao" <guanxuetao@...c.pku.edu.cn>
To:	"'Dmitry Torokhov'" <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>
Cc:	<sfr@...b.auug.org.au>, "'Arnd Bergmann'" <arnd@...db.de>,
	<gregkh@...e.de>, <jbarnes@...tuousgeek.org>,
	<rubini@...l.unipv.it>, <linux-arch@...r.kernel.org>,
	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, <linux-fbdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	<linux-next@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: Request for unicore32 architecture codes to merge into linux-next

Many people helped me to review the patchset in linux-arch and linux-kernel mailist.
For ps2 driver, perhaps I should not introduce bugfix for the machine, so I remove the additional
modification, and only i8042 is necessary.
The patchset is rebased, and git dir and branch name remain the same.
Please update.

> So, for input:
>
> - how big is the difference between standard keytable and the one you
>   are introducing? Looks like you are just adding 5 new keys that are
>   not critical for booting. So please just update keymap from userpsace
>   as we do for countless laptops and keyboards out there.
I understand.
And I remove the keytable.

> - Trying to enable mouse 1000 times can lead to loooong delays. Have
>   you tried to figure out why you need the loop?
>
> - What kind of mice can be connected to teh devices? I am concerned that
>   your super-strict protocol checks will cause more harm then good (i do
>   not believe they are valied in general case, overflow is just and
>   additional bit).
>
> Please split changes related into logically separated patches and post
> them on linux-input@...r.kernel.org (along with linux-kernel if you
> prefer) for review and comments.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --