Date:	Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:26:51 -0600
From:	James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...e.de>
To:	"Nicholas A. Bellinger" <nab@...ux-iscsi.org>
Cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
	Mike Christie <michaelc@...wisc.edu>,
	FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@....ntt.co.jp>,
	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
	linux-scsi <linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL for 38-rc3]  target updates for v4.0.0-rc7

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 17:55 -0800, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 19:38 -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
[...]
> > Over the list, please, not in a git tree.  What I need is for others to
> > review them ... and appearing on the list best encourages that.
> >

> Yes, but to clarify one item.   All of these patches in for-38-rc3 and
> for-jejb branches have already been sent out to linux-scsi incrementally
> when they where committed into LIO upstream code.  Are you asking that
> the entire patch series be re-sent to linux-scsi against .38-rc2..?

What I want is for you to tidy them up, make changelogs intelligible,
sanity  check them (like merge patches for people who submit one patch
per file), run checkpatch, make sure series compiles and integration
test them before rolling them up in a batch and sending them on (at an
interval of about one or two batches per merge window) ... in essence,
what a maintainer does.

James