Date:	Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:30:54 +0800
From:	"Guan Xuetao" <gxt@...c.pku.edu.cn>
To:	"'Arnd Bergmann'" <arnd@...db.de>,
	"'Linus Torvalds'" <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [GIT PULL] UniCore32 ISA support for linux-2.6

Yes, I will.
I remain your Acked-by for ptrace patch, and please acknowledge it again.

> There are a number of patches that I reviewed more thoroughly, and
> Guan did a good job of cleaning up the code based on that. I believe
> it's basically good to go into 2.6.39 once they go over the mailing
> list in the current version. I'll reply with a Reviewed-by tag to the
> patches that I reviewed and that now look ok when that happens.
>
> There are a few remaining issues from the review, which can probably
> be addressed in a later version. For instance, I suggested the use
> of a flattened device tree for enumerating the nondiscoverable
> SoC devices, which should help long-term maintainance, but is not
> essential.
>
> I should probably have been clearer about the timing for merging.
> While I must have mentioned it at some point, there were a lot of
> things I needed to explain about the process, so it probably
> got lost.
Yes.
It's my wrong to advance the process rashly.

> > Arnd - who else was involved in the reviews? Is there somebody who
> > should have been involved and wasn't?
>
> A few people commented on specific patches, but I don't think anyone
> besides me looked at all of it. Greg and others reviewed the
> device drivers, so I did not bother with those.
I hope to involve some necessary drivers for first merging.
So, I post i8042,  i2c, framebuffer,  and mac drivers to related maintainers and maillists.
And acknowledged drivers were added to my git repo.

> I don't know enough about the signal handling code to do a good review,
> and I tried to get Al Viro involved at some point, but didn't get his
> attention.
With new abi, I rearranged the signal handler, simpler and neater for review.

> 	Arnd

Thanks & Regards.

Guan Xuetao