Date:	Sun, 3 Apr 2011 08:21:17 +0200
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Anthony Liguori <anthony@...emonkey.ws>
Cc:	Pekka Enberg <penberg@...nel.org>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	aarcange@...hat.com, avi@...hat.com, mtosatti@...hat.com,
	kvm@...r.kernel.org, joro@...tes.org, penberg@...helsinki.fi,
	asias.hejun@...il.com, gorcunov@...il.com
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Native Linux KVM tool

* Anthony Liguori <anthony@...emonkey.ws> wrote:

> On 03/31/2011 12:30 PM, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We’re proud to announce the native Linux KVM tool!
>
> Neat!
>
> As something of a lesson of history, I'd suggest picking a more unique name
> while it's still a prototype :-)

I disagree, i find it pretty handy and intuitive to run 'kvm ./disk.img' to
boot KVM and this particular tool name has not been taken yet either.

perf uses a similar concept: the kernel subsystem is generally called 'perf',
and the (Linux specific) user-space tool is called 'perf' as well. It makes
quite a bit of sense.

Thanks,

	Ingo