Date:	Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:25:28 +0800
From:	Hui Zhu <teawater@...il.com>
To:	Dongdong Deng <libfetion@...il.com>
Cc:	Jason Wessel <jason.wessel@...driver.com>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@...csson.com>,
	Thiago Jung Bauermann <thiago.bauermann@...il.com>,
	Steven <mqyoung@...il.com>, colyli@...il.com,
	Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>
Subject: Re: KGTP (Linux Kernel debugger and tracer) 20110405 release

After a discussion with Dongdong, I think I have different idea with that.

1. I don't want change the current interface of kgtp.  Because a proc
interface is very simple and stable interface.
And with proc, kgtp can very easy connect with GDB without Kernel
help.  Please see
https://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO#Make_GDB_connect_to_gtp and
https://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO#Offline_debug

2. I don't want remove the kprobe.  Because what I want kgtp is to be
a Linux Kernel tracepoint interface with gdb.  I will add other
tracepoint like TRACE_EVENT.
And move it to gdb breakpoint is too far away from it.  And it is too
much depend on kgdb.

Of course, I am very happy to share the GDB rsp tracepoint parse code
with kgdb to make it support gdb tracepoint.
Trust me, My code is more clear than the doc of GDB.  :)

Thanks,
Hui