Date:	Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:53:39 -0400
From:	Paul Alfille <paul.alfille@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: w1 driver for omap error -- reversed byte sequence in netlink slave message

OWFS (one-wire filesystem -- www.owfs.org) seems to be the only user
of the w1 netlink messages. We use them to extend the kernel 1-wire
system from a simple temperature sensor to a complete 1-wire bus
master. Thus we've uncovered a bug -- byte reversal -- in one of the
sub-modules.

1-wire devices have a unique 64-bit address (including an 8-bit CRC)
that is reported by the netlink W1_CMD_SEARCH message. For the omap
bus master, and only the omap bus master, the slave addresses are
byte-order reversed. If the slave byte order is reversed in that case,
the CRC8 is then correct, the slave address then matches the actual
device address lettered on the device, and all other commands work
correctly.

The driver is in kernel/drivers/w1/masters/omap_hdq.c

Paul Alfille