Date:	Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:01:34 +0200
From:	Adrian Knoth <adi@...omp.erfurt.thur.de>
To:	Tom Gundersen <teg@...m.no>
CC:	General Discussion about Arch Linux <arch-general@...hlinux.org>,
	Fons Adriaensen <fons@...uxaudio.org>,
	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [arch-general] Panic - no sound devices after upgrade

On 07/21/11 15:00, Tom Gundersen wrote:

Hi!

> firmware revision is 0xCC, which is not recognised. If your card is
> MADI, the kernel expects the firmware revision to be 0xD2 (or starting
> in 3.0, it also accepts 0xCF).

Exactly.

> I guess this can be fixed easily by adding your firmware revision to
> the list of accepted revs.

I hope so, too. Please try the attached patch.

JFTR: You need at least ALSA-1.0.24 userland (or the corresponding
hdspm.h respectively) for the new driver (2.6.39 and above). Likewise,
if you intend to use hdspmixer, you need the yet unreleased 1.0.24.2
version of alsa-tools, so go for the git version:

   http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-tools.git

HTH

View attachment "hdspm-cc.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (746 bytes)