Date:	Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Pintu Agarwal <pintu_agarwal@...oo.com>
To:	Mel Gorman <mgorman@...e.de>
Cc:	"linux-mm@...ck.org" <linux-mm@...ck.org>,
Subject: Re: MMTests 0.01

Dear Mel Gorman,

I found one problem in MMTests0.01/fraganalysis/Makefile

When I did "make install" here, I got the following error:
install: cannot stat `record-buddyinfo': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-script] Error 1

I think the following line in makefile need to be corrected:
#####INSTALL_SCRIPT = pagealloc-extfrag show-buddyinfo slab-intfrag record-buddyinfo

INSTALL_SCRIPT = pagealloc-extfrag show-buddyinfo slab-intfrag record-extfrag

I corrected this and it works now.

Thanks,
Pintu

From: Mel Gorman <mgorman@...e.de>
To: Pintu Agarwal <pintu_agarwal@...oo.com>
Cc: "linux-mm@...ck.org" <linux-mm@...ck.org>; "linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Sent: Friday, 5 August 2011 1:31 PM

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 11:38:22PM -0700, Pintu Agarwal wrote:
> Dear Mel Gorman,
>
> Thank you very much for this MMTest.
> It will be very helpful for me for all my needs.
> I was looking forward for these kind of mm test utilities.
>
> Just wanted to know, if any of these utilities also covers
> anti-fragmentation represent of the various page state in the form
> of jpeg image?

No, that particular script was not included as it needs a kernel patch
to be really useful and depends on parts of VM Regress that were very
ugly. As I've said before, I generally use unusable free space index
and fragmentation index if I'm trying to graph fragmentation-related
information. To record it, I use the "extfrag" monitor in monitors/
. It uses other helpers of which fraganalysis/show-buddyinfo is the
most important as it is the one that can read either /proc/buddyinfo
or use /proc/kpagefrags to build a more accurate picture.

--
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs