Date:	Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:10:42 +0300
From:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...sta.de>
To:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Cc:	Ted Ts'o <tytso@....edu>, "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@...hat.com>,
	Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu, "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>,
	Greg KH <gregkh@...e.de>
Subject: Re: kernel.org status: establishing a PGP web of trust

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 12:22:01PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 01:57:24AM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > > Whatfor? To regain your k.org account? Can you provide a single
> > > reason why that should happen?
> > >
> > > I can't think of one. You vanished away with a big bang and now you
> > > come back out of the blue and assume that you're a trusted person just
> > > by slapping a few signs on your key?
> >
> > I would say I vanished silently after several big bangs with you and
> > other people and some other incidents, but that's not really relevant.
> >
> > My main reason for regaining my kernel.org account is that I heavily
> > used my bunk@...nel.org address for kernel development (just check the
> > kernel history), and I was still getting emails to that.
> >
> > Assuming the @kernel.org addresses will not vanish, I need accepted
> > credential for accessing that address.
>
> You seem to believe that the fact that you had a @k.org address is
> enough of a reason that it will be restored?

I used it as the permanent address for kernel work, and there are 1011
"Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org>" lines in the kernel log.

If anyone wants to contact me regarding anything I did in the kernel
that is the address.

I did not use it for any non-kernel stuff, and will not use it for that
in the future.

You were asking for a single reason why I want to regain my kernel.org
account, and this is the reason.

> Thanks,
>
> 	tglx

cu