Date:	Sat, 15 Oct 2011 19:47:49 -0400
From:	Jim Faulkner <jfaulkne@....neu.edu>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	x86@...nel.org
Subject: Bug: Dell Latitude E6400: reboot hangs when system has been
	suspended

Hi, rebooting hangs on my Dell Latitude E6400 after the system has been
suspended.  The system prints "Restarting system" but freezes, and I
have to hold the power button to shut down the system.

Rebooting works fine if the system has not been suspended since the
initial boot.  This bug only happens after the system has been suspended
to ram since boot.

I have tried the "reboot=acpi" and "reboot=force" kernel parameters with
no change in behavior.

My dmesg and dmidecode output are attached.  Please let me know if you
need anymore info.

Jim Faulkner

View attachment "dmesg.txt" of type "text/plain" (66063 bytes)

View attachment "dmidecode.txt" of type "text/plain" (15842 bytes)