Date:	Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:33:46 -0400
From:	"werner" <w.landgraf@...ru>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org,
	dave.taht@...il.com, rientjes@...gle.com, arend@...adcom.com,
	toralf.foerster@....de, wey-yi.w.guy@...el.com,
	ilw@...ux.intel.com, larry.finger@...il.com
Subject: Re: 3.1-rc9 wifi problem

I have to wait until the friend with the laptop comes
back, perhaps this week. Then I can look what wireless
card is in it.

However, now I remember me:  that laptop worked only good
since 2.6.39 with the new kernel-embedded modules.
  Before, it didn't work normally, i.e. on booting the
wireless almost never didn't switch on; only ocasionally .

And, beside of kernel 2.6.39, and the normal wifi
software, I still had him to install a file
iwlwifi-1000-3.ucode or .5 ucode (i'm not sure, the number
can also be 5000), and I had the problem to search long
time for that file because one find only .2 or .4 in
internet but what don't work at that wifi card.   You
could improve the kernel-module so that everything is
included so that one don't need to search such files.

Then, with this kernel and that file however, it worked
without any problem.

I hope from these informations you can find out what wifi
card or what driver is in the laptop.

W.Landgraf
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru