Date:	Wed, 2 Nov 2011 17:00:29 -0700
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Andi Kleen <andi@...stfloor.org>
Cc:	Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@...llo.nl>, mingo@...e.hu,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, rjw@...k.pl
Subject: Re: REGRESSION: "perf: Add PM notifiers ..." breaks resume

Peter, Ingo, ping?

Quite frankly, I'm inclined to revert that patch just for being
horribly ugly and apparently broken regardless of the fact that it
also causes a regression.

*Notifiers* for doing something like this? smp_call_function? That's
just utter sh*t, guys.

If it is CPU state, then it should damn well be suspended and resumed
as part of CPU suspend and resume. No IPI cross-calls to ask other
CPU's to do random work, no crap like that.

Comments? Should I just revert the thing (silence is obviously "yes"
in cases like this where we are talking about regressions anyway)?

                   Linus