Date:	Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:40:07 +0100
From:	Tomáš Janoušek <tomi@...i.cz>
To:	wwguy <wey-yi.w.guy@...el.com>
Cc:	Stanislaw Gruszka <sgruszka@...hat.com>,
	"linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org" <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: iwlagn: memory corruption with WPA enterprise

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 08:28:34PM -0800, wwguy wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 19:20 -0800, Tomáš Janoušek wrote:
> > Anyway, did you have time to try to reproduce it with the .config I sent?
> > (It may take hours, sometimes. :-/)
>
> Yes, I will try your configuration when I get back  to the office Monday

Okay, thank you. I managed to test 2.6.38.8 and 2.6.39.4 today and the issue
is reproducible on both. Shall I test further in the past?

I also got a reply from the Ubuntu bugreport where someone claims he doesn't
experience the issue on current 32-bit Ubuntu 11.10, even though he did
experience it in older versions. I have no idea why that may be so, as they
have the same firmware as I have, and the kernel is 3.0 with almost no
modifications to the iwlagn driver.

I hope that you'll be able to reproduce the issue and fix it. Sadly, I still
haven't got a better reproducer. What I was doing today was running make clean
&& make -j4 in a while loop, having an active Skype videocall and browsing the
web while waiting for it to crash. Sometimes it took a few minutes, sometimes
more than an hour.

Regards,
--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/