Date:	Sat, 26 Nov 2011 03:22:43 +0100
From:	Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@...lia.com>
To:	"Guy, Wey-Yi" <wey-yi.w.guy@...el.com>
CC:	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>,
	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"ilw@...ux.intel.com" <ilw@...ux.intel.com>,
	"linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org" <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: 3.1+ iwlwifi lockup

On 01/11/11 21:27, Guy, Wey-Yi wrote:
> Any more information to help us understand how to re-produce the issue?
> without more data, it is really hard to root cause and fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Wey

This bug (or a related one) triggers on my laptop (Dell Latitude E6420)
since I switched from Kernel 3.0-debian to 3.1-debian (AMD64). I believe
that the bugs happens after waking up from the suspension-to-RAM.

Since I switched to 3.1 Kernel after waking up from suspension my laptop
freezes very often and I need to hard reboot it, this is really
annoying. This wasn't happening with 3.0 Kernel and I believe that
iwlagn is the cause.

I have an Intel Advanced-N 6205 (rev 34) wireless card.

The other day I was able to get the following kernel errors after waking
up from suspension with this 3.1 kernel[1]

This 3.1 Kernel is the Debian precompiled one (linux-image-3.1.0-1-amd64)

$ uname -r
3.1.0-1-amd64

[1] Find here the dmesg part that comes after the wakeup from suspension:

http://people.igalia.com/clopez/iwlagn_dmesg_3.1.log.txt

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (901 bytes)