Date:	Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:34:43 -0800
From:	Andi Kleen <andi@...stfloor.org>
To:	lenb@...nel.org
Cc:	linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Fix passive zone thermal throttling

I have a laptop with a broken fan and it would constantly shut down
under load. In principle passive thermal zone throttling was supposed
to prevent that by slowing down the CPU, but this didn't work.

This patchkit makes it work on my system.

It turned out to be a combination of problems: the EC driver
talking to the embedded controller on my system would frequently
get out of step, which resulted in missing temperature events.
While not completely cured it's much better now with some