Date:	Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:02:24 +0530
From:	Mohammed Shafi <shafi.wireless@...il.com>
To:	MR <g7af0ec1e3ea1e7b1@...tmail.ru>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org,
	Rajkumar Manoharan <rmanohar@....qualcomm.com>
Subject: Re: ath9k crash 3.2-rc7

2012/1/18 MR <g7af0ec1e3ea1e7b1@...tmail.ru>:
>  >  > Turned out I got lucky previous time.
>  >  >
>  > >This time I went to the other AP, spent some time under it, roamed
> back
>  > and
>  >  >
>  >  >WiFi didn't disappear. I didn't even lose XMPP connections in the
>  > process.
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >Maybe debug printing (which prints a lot) managed to introduce some
>  > extra
>  >  > delays into some race condition.
>  >  >
>  > > I hope I will have time to test this more on Monday. Tomorrow I will
> be
>  >
>  >  > using WiFi less than usual.
>  >
>  >Now I went a few time back and forth, spent a lot of time under
> previously
>  >
>  > risky AP and still there are no problems..
>  >
>  > I wonder if maybe a congested AP could help.. But unclear how to obtain
>  > that quickly and reliably.
>
> Even with debugging off WiFi works reliably across different conditions.

you can test frequent roaming with the attached script. also you can
test roaming, after enabling ASPM(attached script, courtesy: Luis)
please completely read and understand
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/ASPM
incorrect tweak may cause hardware issues.

--
shafi

Download attachment "roam-script.sh" of type "application/x-sh" (2008 bytes)

Download attachment "enable-aspm" of type "application/octet-stream" (7310 bytes)