Date:	Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:20:33 +0100
From:	Michal Simek <monstr@...str.eu>
To:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
CC:	Ohad Ben-Cohen <ohad@...ery.com>,
	John Williams <john.williams@...alogix.com>
Subject: remoteproc: Load coprocessor code to the specific main memory location

Hi,

I have a question how to setup resource table to support firmware loading
to specific memory location.
I have allocated the part of ram which is at physical address 0x0
which coprocessor needs for rtos code.

Currently I am using carveout with setup size but from rproc_handle_carveout
is __dma_alloc_buffer which is remapped by __dma_alloc_remap function to any
0xffc00000 address. But IRC this could be useful for system with iommu which we don't have.
devmem entry is the same case.
Coprocessor can directly access memory of the main cpu.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the whole code is designed to use carveout
and remap it to coprocessor address space to requested memory location.

Is there any option how to handle these cases?
For example extending resource type to support direct mapping to preallocated space or so.

Thanks for your comments,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)