Date:	Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:30:02 +0200
From:	Giuseppe CAVALLARO <peppe.cavallaro@...com>
To:	Giuseppe CAVALLARO <peppe.cavallaro@...com>
Cc:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, sfr@...b.auug.org.au,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-next@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, deepak.sikri@...com,
	shiraz.hashim@...com, vikas.manocha@...com
Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (net-next
 tree related)

On 4/6/2012 9:09 AM, Giuseppe CAVALLARO wrote:
> On 4/5/2012 5:59 AM, David Miller wrote:
>> From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
>> Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:25:15 +1000
>>
>>> After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
>>> allyesconfig) failed like this:
>>>
>>> drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.c: In function 'stmmac_probe_config_dt':
>>> drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.c:53:7: error: 'struct plat_stmmacenet_data' has no member named 'pbl'
>>>
>>> Caused by commit 8327eb65e795 ("stmmac: re-work the internal GMAC DMA
>>> platf parameters").  Clearly I am missing something, because I can't see
>>> how that patch is correct since nothing ever assigns to the new dma_cfg
>>> pointer but it is dereferenced.
>>>
>>> I have added this patch to make it build today, but it is obviously not
>>> correct.
>>
>> Sorry Stephen.
>>
>> Giuseppe don't submit patches to me that don't even compile.
>>
>> Please submit a proper fix to me for this _now_.
>
> Sorry Dave!
> I don't know what happened (I believed to test all).
> I'm sending you the patches soon!!!

Please Stephen,
can you test it on your kernel. I didn't build when CONFIG_OF is enable.
I tested on ARM/SH/x86 but never with CONFIG_OF on.
The problem was due to the hard-coded values adding with devicetree support.

Sorry for this problem, next time I'll build also on OF.

I had also done a grep in all the arch to verify the ARCH that used the
pbl/fixed_burst/burst_len fields :-(. These have been moved in a
separate structure.

Let me know if the patch is ok.
Peppe