Date:	Thu, 10 May 2012 11:49:35 +1000
From:	Francois Rigaut <frigaut@...il.com>
To:	Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
CC:	Jiang Liu <liuj97@...il.com>,
	Nico Schottelius <nico-linux-20120419@...ottelius.org>,
	Yinghai Lu <yinghai@...nel.org>, linux-pci@...r.kernel.org,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Linux Support for Thunderbolt using Apple Monitor

Greg,

I went ahead and contacted John Ronciak at intel.
He gave a presentation on thunderbolt at the 2011 linux plumber conference.
Here is his answer:

"You are correct that most if not all issues related to Thunderbolt on
Linux is due to BIOS problems. We have not seen anything other BIOS
issues regarding Thunderbolt issues on Linux. When the BIOS is working
correctly the hot-plug PCIe works fine wrt the kernel. These are things
that cannot be fixed in the drivers or in kernel infrastructure. So
newer systems are going to be better than older ones due to these BIOS
issues."

Francois