Date:	Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:51:13 +0800
From:	Zhang Rui <rui.zhang@...el.com>
To:	"R, Durgadoss" <durgadoss.r@...el.com>
Cc:	Wei Ni <wni@...dia.com>, "Brown, Len" <len.brown@...el.com>,
	"akpm@...ux-foundation.org" <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	"khali@...ux-fr.org" <khali@...ux-fr.org>,
	"joe@...ches.com" <joe@...ches.com>,
	"linux-tegra@....kernel.org" <linux-tegra@....kernel.org>,
	"acourbot@...dia.com" <acourbot@...dia.com>
Subject: RE: How to use the generic thermal sysfs.

On 四, 2012-07-12 at 04:54 -0600, R, Durgadoss wrote:
> Hi,

I have the same question.
It sounds like that you want to use the tegra thermal framework to do
thermal management instead of the generic thermal layer, right?

IMO, the purpose of the generic thermal layer is
1) do kernel thermal management
2) export unique sysfs I/F to userspace so that users/userspace
applications can take over the thermal management.

what is the benefit to have another driver to do thermal management in
kernel?
If the current thermal management in the generic thermal layer can not
work well on your platform, it is a good chance to enhance the kernel
thermal manager. :)

thanks,
rui