Date:	Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:14:19 +0200
From:	Andrzej Giniewicz <gginiu@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Sound got mute in kernel 3.5.4 (Fast Track Pro USB Sound Card),
 found commit that causes it - how to proceed?

On 20.09.2012 18:33, Andrzej Giniewicz wrote:
> today I updated kernel to 3.5.4 and noticed, that all my sound from Fast
> Track Pro USB Sound Card got mute. I haven't noticed any error reports
> or messages, all seems to work, the card is just silent. I downgraded to
> 3.5.3 and applied patched from usb sound module one by one and found
> out, that 3.5.4 minus " ALSA: snd-usb: fix calls to next_packet_size "
> works fine:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=commitdiff;h=ca150f7ade5973c3bce19261bca6174d5c3cc342

On Arch Linux forums we got another report, that USB Sound Card got
mute, and works again after removing that change, so there are least two
affected devices now:

ID 04d2:5051 Altec Lansing Technologies
ID 0763:2012 Midiman M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (552 bytes)