Date:	Thu, 1 Nov 2012 23:47:52 +0000
From:	"Luck, Tony" <tony.luck@...el.com>
To:	Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>
CC:	Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...hat.com>,
Subject: RE: [RFC EDAC/GHES] edac: lock module owner to avoid error report
 conflicts

> Right, but at least in the csrow case, we still can compute back the
> csrow even with the interleaving, after we know how it is done exactly
> (on which address bits, etc). I think this should be doable on Intel
> controllers too but I don't know.

No. Architecturally all Intel provides is the physical address in MCi_ADDR.
To do anything with that you are into per-system space, and the
registers that define the mappings are not necessarily available
to OS code ... sometimes they are, and sometimes they are even
documented in places where Mauro can use them to write an
EDAC driver ... but there are no guarantees.

-Tony