Date:	Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:40:56 +0100
From:	Jiri Slaby <jslaby@...e.cz>
To:	"Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@...not-panic.com>
CC:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	Arend van Spriel <arend@...adcom.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Streamlining Developer's Certificate of Origin, Signed-off-by
 tag

On 11/21/2012 02:13 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Ah so keep the original in place to let references to the original in
> whatever way those may exist to keep pointing but promote new usage to
> a copy and.. perhaps refer to the new copy in master, or just leave
> that in place as is?

It depends if they really want to have the same thing we do. I.e. don't
they want to rephrase the document a bit? If so, there is no point of
linking the document at all.

If no, we can create a separate document from that in the kernel so that
we allow people to link that at some fixed version using git commit SHA.
This can be done easily doing a link to git.kernel.org.

The link to git.kernel.org might seem to be long. One can create a
dynamic helper on some web like signed-off-by.cgi?id=SHA and it will
return that document in that version. (It will redirect basically.)

regards,
--
js
suse labs