Date:	Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:01:48 +1100
From:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:	Nadia Yvette Chambers <nyc@...omorphy.com>
Cc:	linux-next@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Jiri Kosina <jkosina@...e.cz>,
Subject: Re: [patch] propagate name change to comments in kernel source

Hi Nadia,

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 19:44:28 -0500 Nadia Yvette Chambers <nyc@...omorphy.com> wrote:

> I've legally changed my name with New York State, the US Social Security
> Administration, et al. This patch propagates the name change and change
> in initials and login to comments in the kernel source as well.
>
> vs. next-20121205

OK, that may be a problem.  Does this patch apply to Linus' tree
currently?  I guess not.  So, either you need to split it up and send it
to the various maintainers (most if it can probably go through the trivial
tree (cc'd)).  Or wait until after v3.8-rc1 and fix it so it applies to
Linus' tree and send it to him.

Or Andrew (cc'd) may be able to take it (as his tree is based on
linux-next currently).

(I have attached the patch for Jiri's and Andrew's benefit)
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@...b.auug.org.au

View attachment "wli-nyc-name_change.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (8787 bytes)