Date:	Fri, 28 Dec 2012 13:40:09 +0800
From:	Chen Gang F T <chen.gang.flying.transformer@...il.com>
To:	amit mehta <gmate.amit@...il.com>
CC:	anish singh <anish198519851985@...il.com>,
	Henrique Rodrigues <henriquesilvar@...il.com>,
	kishore kumar <kishoreopen@...il.com>,
	Jonathan Neuschäfer
	<j.neuschaefer@....net>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Kernelnewbies@...nelnewbies.org
Subject: Re: how to look for source code in kernel

于 2012年12月28日 13:12, amit mehta 写道:
>> for browsing the code unfortunately there is no good tool as in windows we
>> have source insight.We can use wine in linux but that sucks.
> Funny you say that!
> Never heard of cscope, ctags ?

  at least for me:
     vi (or vim) with another command line tools (grep, wc...) are enough.

     for reading or editing source code: grasp one editor is enough.
       I originally work under Windows OS
          using VC IDE and source insight for many years (at least 6 years).
       but I never feel they are better than vi, and neither less than vi.
       each editor has its own efficiency using ways,
         what we need do is to grasp it.

    when you grasp the editor (no matter what it is), it will be enough for you.

> -Amit
> --

Flying Transformer

View attachment "chen_gang_flying_transformer.vcf" of type "text/x-vcard" (67 bytes)