Date:	Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:21:10 +0100
From:	Joakim Reinert <mail@...inert.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Regression of Sandy Bridge Power Management

Hello,

i was requested to send a bugreport concerning a regression of the Sandy
Bridge power management. I know for sure that power consumption can be
as low as 8 Watts on my system (for which i will attach hardware specs)
but on all kernels i have tested (mainly >= 3.6 and <= 3.8.rc1) powertop
reports discharge rates reaching from 12 to 30 watts in idle. I know for
a fact that at least 3.0.57 keeps the power consumption in check.

Thanks for looking into this!

P.s.: The attached file contains the output of lshw. The smartest thing
to do would probably be to grep for the relevant information.

Kind regards

Joakim Reinert

View attachment "lshw" of type "text/plain" (17084 bytes)