Date:	Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:34:11 -0500
From:	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>
To:	Hugh Dickins <hughd@...gle.com>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Debugging Thinkpad T430s occasional suspend failure.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 09:37:27PM -0800, Hugh Dickins wrote:

 > I think for the moment I'm going to hope that under the surface our
 > problems are related, and when your bisection points a finger, look
 > around to see if it suggests anything for my case.  Lazy, but...

I have the worst luck with bisects.  Halfway through I started seeing
a *different* suspend failure, which led me down the wrong path
ultimately leading to 59a93c27c which was a red herring even though
it even talks about suspend (I had my hopes high when testing that one).

Started over, and ended up in a merge commit containing just a single
patch to slab (210ed9defff). Reverting that on top of 3.7-rc8 doesn't
fix the problem.  Backing up one level of bisect, the other alternative
path was 5b3900cd40, which also didn't help when reverting.

My test was a loop of 100 suspend/resume cycles before calling something
'good'. The 'bad' cases all failed within 10 cycles (usually 2-3).

	Dave