Date:	Fri, 1 Mar 2013 13:39:29 -0500
From:	Gene Heskett <gheskett@...v.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Load keys from signed PE binaries

On Friday 01 March 2013, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 08:35:45PM +0000, ownssh wrote:
>> Matthew Garrett <mjg59 <at> srcf.ucam.org> writes:
>> > There's no way to update the UEFI key database without the update
>> > being signed by an already trusted key, so what you're proposing
>> > isn't possible.
>>
>> I confused.
>> Isn't custom mode can add user's own key?
>
>Yes, but that involves physically-present end-user interaction. A
>bootloader can't do it even if it's signed by Microsoft.

Thats a false flag Matthew.  We have been 'touch'ing a file to trigger an
action on reboot, then typing "reboot" from 2000 miles away for at least a
decade.  I fail to see why that idea couldn't be expanded to do this too.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
		-- Thomas Jones
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...